[vtkusers] assigning vtkLookupTable to vtkpolydata

Sam Raby rabysam28 at gmail.com
Wed May 9 10:05:27 EDT 2018

I am running the following example for coloring, which works fine. I see
that in this example, after the look up table is created there is a loop to
iterate through the look up table and assign the colors to
vtkUnsignedCharArray, and then assign it to a vtkpolydata as color. I
understand the logic, but I am not sure why we need to iterate through the
lookuo table one by one and assign it to another data structure, as oppose
to just assigning the look up table directly to the mapper, which could be
much faster. Is there a way in this example to assign the lookup table
directly to the mapper and remove the vtkUnsignedCharArray?

https://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Meshes/Color_a_mesh_by_height

Thanks
-sam