[vtkusers] Visualizing a surface

kenichiro yoshimi rccm.kyoshimi at gmail.com
Sat May 5 03:49:53 EDT 2018

Hello,

I am also very worried about extracting surface from points.

In your case, I managed to get some good result using
vtkPointInterpolator as the attached. Here, the attached input
"test3.particles" is in advance made to deduce the size by
vtkMaskPoints and convert to vtk particle format from your xyz file
for convenience. And run is below:
$ ./ParticlesToSurface test3.particles 101 0.02
Followed by the surface decimation filter.

Unfortunately this way is very depending on the specified parameters.
Hence there might be some better way and if you find better solutions,
please post.

Best Regards