[vtkusers] VTK pipeline thread safety

Kit Chambers kit.chambers.kc at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 11:39:53 EST 2018

Hi,

I am looking to write a VTK filter which contains a series of sub filters which are executed in parallel inside an OpenMP loop. The RequestData would look something like this:

1- Set up the the filters (filter1 -> filter2 -> filter3), this sequence might change between different usages.
2- Start threading / create the parallel region
3- Parallel loop over some different inputs
	3a - Set filter1 input
	3b - Execute the filter series
	3c - Add the result to output

Would I be correct in thinking that the above will result in a conflict where filter inputs and outputs get over written by successive threads? If so then is there a handy way to create a thread local copy of the VTK filters between steps 2 and 3?

Any help would be appreciated.

Kit