[vtkusers] Disabling interaction of a renderer

Slaughter, Andrew E andrew.slaughter at inl.gov
Thu Jun 21 16:12:06 EDT 2018

After digging around a bit I figured out how to solve the problem, the
complete script with a working version is attached. In short the
vtkRenderWindowInteractor::FindPokedRenderer always returns a renderer
regardless of the Set/GetInteractive state. Therefore, I created a
"background" renderer with layer 0 with the others on layer 1. Using
SetInteractive(False) on the two layer 1 renders that causes the background
to be the fallback renderer for the interactor, which produces the desired
behavior.

Thanks to anyone who might of took time to look at my problem.