[vtkusers] reasons of limitations on opacity per component and up to 4 components in label-map volume rendering?

Sankhesh Jhaveri sankhesh.jhaveri at kitware.com
Wed Jun 13 10:09:54 EDT 2018

Hi,

Just so I understand properly, you cannot get the scalar opacity piecewise
functions to work for components 1 through N, right?
Could you please share sample code that reproduces the issue?

Thanks,
Sankhesh
​

On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 11:22 PM terminator via vtkusers <
vtkusers at public.kitware.com> wrote:

> Thank you,
> I read that link (about SetMaskInput) and I have no problem with
> controlling
> components color.
> But about opacity, I mean that I want to control opacity of each component
> separately just like components' colors by different PieseWiseFunctions.
> I use
> SetScalarOpacity(0,...),SetScalarOpacity(1,...),SetScalarOpacity(2,...),...
> but just first one affects on the volume. I cannot hide component 0,make
> component 1 semi-transparent  and component 2 opaque.
>

> --
> Sent from: http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/VTK-Users-f1224199.html

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Sankhesh Jhaveri *Sr. Research & Development Engineer* | Kitware
<http://www.kitware.com/> | (518) 881-4417
​