[vtkusers] VTK data visualisation from STL file (using PYTHON 3)

Oleksandr Malyushytsky omalyushytskyvtkuser at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 15:16:23 EDT 2018

1-2 Interpolation withing the cell can be done by VTK, but at least without
specifying the logic, vtk has no way to know how the data changes between
your arbitrary points.
So,I afraid You need to assign data values to every cell point
(vtkPointData) yourself.

3 Then you can display data using vtkLookupTable, which would present point
data as a color. cell will be colored by interpolating the colors from cell
points.
One of the (not an exactly what you need) example I could find:
https://lorensen.github.io/VTKExamples/site/Cxx/Graphs/ColorVerticesLookupTable/
You need one data value per node. Better example is present in VTK book.
The vtk example web page may contains more suitable for you example, but
for some reason I cant open them right now.
You may have more luck , check https://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx

Best regards,
 Alex