[vtkusers] How do I label points in 3d space with arbitrary strings?

Aron Helser aron.helser at kitware.com
Thu Jul 5 09:53:26 EDT 2018

FieldData is what you want. Essentially, you add a 'field' to your dataset,
with an entry for each point, that contains the string you want to display.

This example
https://github.com/Kitware/VTK/blob/master/Examples/DataManipulation/Python/Arrays.py
shows one way to add scalar data to a polydata, but I'm not sure it's what
you want - I'm sure there's an appropriate example somewhere :)

HTH,
Aron