[vtkusers] Trouble using VTK Widget with QVTK

andyjk andrewkeeling at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 5 06:13:20 EDT 2018

Thanks Mathieu

That was a big help.
I added the line:

QSurfaceFormat::setDefaultFormat(QVTKOpenGLWidget::defaultFormat());

in main.cpp (plus a couple of includes).

then in my derived QMainWindow class I have done:

vtkNew<vtkGenericOpenGLRenderWindow> renderWindow;

/* Set up the contour stuff as before with a new interactor */

then:
        renderWindow->Render();
	interactor->Initialize();
	contourWidget->EnabledOn();

	this->ui->qvtkWidget->SetRenderWindow(renderWindow);

	renderer_->ResetCamera();

This works for other widgets, but still does not work for contour widget.
The window renders and I can move the camera around etc, but left click does
nothing.

Do you think this means it is not possible to use the
PolygonalSurfaceContourLineInterpolator with a QVTKOpenGL widget either ?