[vtkusers] Build VTK Python wrappers with custom openssl in Python

ljbo luc_j_bourhis at mac.com
Tue Jan 9 12:02:59 EST 2018

I need to (1) build my own OpenSSL, then (2) build my own Python to use that
custom OpenSSL, and then (3) build VTK with support for Python wrappers. I
managed (1) and (2) but failed at (3).

I configured VTK as follow

The build stops here:

and many more errors: they all come from the fact that my custom OpenSSL is
not found I think.

But how can I convinced VTK build system to add a -L/path/to/my/lib when
building vtkpython? I tried setting CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS_INIT on the
command-line but to no avail. I also checked that Python knows it has been
build with custom flags, just in case CMake would be told to use that.