[vtkusers] How to save multiple (polydata) objects together with their props into one single file?

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 12:06:46 EST 2018

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 9:57 AM, normanius <juch at zhaw.ch> wrote:

> Do I have to define my own "file format", or does something like this
> already exist in vtk?

VTK can use a few different file formats for scenes.  I doubt that all
features of each file format are supported, but if your basic requirement
is just to save multiple polydata in a file, these should work for you:

https://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkImporter.html
https://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkExporter.html

I don't think VTK has a native file format for this, but I could be wrong.

Cheers,
 - David