[vtkusers] probe volume with thick line ( intensity profile with line radius or thickness )

gregthom992 gregthom992 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 01:37:58 EST 2018

Hi all

I can probe my volume with a line given two points of the line. That is good
and fine.

            lineSource=vtk.vtkLineSource()
            lineSource.SetPoint1(prf_start)
            lineSource.SetPoint2(prf_stop)
            probeFilter=vtk.vtkProbeFilter()
            probeFilter.SetInputConnection(lineSource.GetOutputPort())

Suppose I want to probe my volume with a thick line , i.e so that I can have
a line profile averaged over the thickness of the line. Is this possible
with VTK ? I saw this post about visualizing a thick line but it creates and
actor. How could I proble the image data with the actor after setting the
line width ?
https://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Visualization/LineWidth

I  thought about probing with TubeFilter but how to average that over the
radius of the tube ?

Thanks

GT