[vtkusers] ANN: VTK Examples Project reaches 1000 C++ Examples

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 18:32:16 EST 2018

Folks,

We have reached a milestone in the VTK Examples Project
(https://lorensen.github.io/VTKExamples/site/). There are now 1000 C++
examples (https://lorensen.github.io/VTKExamples/site/Cxx/).  The
total number of examples is now almost 1500 with  1000 C++ examples,
121  CSharp examples (https://lorensen.github.io/VTKExamples/site/CSharp/),
290 Python examples (https://lorensen.github.io/VTKExamples/site/Python/), and
41 Java examples (https://lorensen.github.io/VTKExamples/site/Java/).

The number of Java examples is expanding thanks to our new contributor
Bharatesh Chakravarthi from the VE Lab, Chung Ang University, Seoul,
South Korea.  Bharatesh has quickly learned our example contribution
process and has added over 20 examples. We expect to see many more
Java examples in the coming months. We are always looking to new
contributors (https://lorensen.github.io/VTKExamples/site/Instructions/ForDevelopers/.

As a reminder, the VTK Example Project also hosts a latex version and
markdown version of the VTK Textbook. The latex version is an improved
version of the current VTK Textbook
(https://raw.githubusercontent.com/lorensen/VTKExamples/master/src/VTKBookLaTeX/VTKTextBook.pdf).
The markdown version is an interactive, platform friendly version of
the book (https://lorensen.github.io/VTKExamples/site/VTKBook/00Preface/).

--
Unpaid intern in BillsParadise at noware dot com