[vtkusers] 2D Histogram (or spectrogram) chart

Mohamed Amine Mzoughi aminemzoughi at febus-optics.com
Fri Dec 14 09:51:00 EST 2018

Hello,

I've seen this screenshot of a 2D chart :
https://www.na-mic.org/wiki/File:VTK-Charts-Histogram2D.png and I didn't
find the VTK class that allows me to create it. (the original link is :
https://www.na-mic.org/wiki/2011_Summer_Project_Week_Breakout_Session_VTKCharts).
Is this chart was removed ? where can I found its source code ?

Currently I am using a vtkImageActor to display a 2-D color map (or
spectrogram) but I am struggling with the camera and the scale of the
actor to make it right (to fit the whole window) and I am drawing the
axis in another QVTKOpenGL widget managing a 2D scene (vtkAxis - like
the ParaView Slice View). I am not really comfortable with this solution.

I don't want to use APIs like QCustomPlot or Qwt because I will have to
convert my data to use them and this will add another dependency to my
program.

I played a little with vtkContextView, vtkContextArea and vtkImageItem
to display a vtkImageData, but there is no possibility to change the
color or display a vtkImageData whose point data array has a single
compnent (it should have 4 components: r,g,b,a).

Thanks.