[vtkusers] [vtk-developers] VTKBook Strawman - Chapter 3

David Cole DLRdave at aol.com
Fri Apr 6 09:28:15 EDT 2018

"I ignore whether Markdown/reStrucuredText support for
tools to have proper printed texts is likely to be improved."

I have become a big fan of "print to pdf using the Chrome browser" to
get a printed copy of web content these days. It's actually not a bad
way to go if you don't need to refer to page numbers within the text.

And now, this is just my opinion, so take with yet another grain of salt:

The available "writer pool" for LaTeX is far far smaller than that for
markdown. If the math stuff must be in LaTeX, I'd very strongly prefer
to see it as embedded chunks of LaTeX than have the whole thing be in
LaTeX.

Nice work, as usual Bill.

Thanks,
David C.