[vtkusers] VTK 8.1.0 opengl 2 init.... how do I do this now?

Brian Davis bitminer at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 19:30:03 EDT 2018

I use to:

#include <vtkAutoInit.h>
VTK_MODULE_INIT(vtkRenderingOpenGL);
VTK_MODULE_INIT(vtkInteractionStyle);
VTK_MODULE_INIT(vtkRenderingVolumeOpenGL);
//VTK_MODULE_INIT(vtkGPUVolumeRayCastMapper);
//VTK_MODULE_INIT(vtkFixedPointVolumeRayCastMapper);

and at times define

vtkRenderingCore_AUTOINIT="1(vtkRenderingOpenGL)"
vtkRenderingVolume_AUTOINIT=1(vtkRenderingVolumeOpenGL)
vtkRenderingCore=vtkRenderingOpenGL

However in 8.1.0 build I get

(void)" (?vtkRenderingOpenGL_AutoInit_Construct@@YAXXZ) referenced in
function "public: __cdecl
vtkRenderingOpenGL_ModuleInit::vtkRenderingOpenGL_ModuleInit(void)"
(??0vtkRenderingOpenGL_ModuleInit@@QEAA at XZ)

which reminds me of every other time I try and build it when the version
changes.  What is special sauce recipe for 8.1.0 and building with post
opengl 2 (GLSL shader enabled version)

Anyone count the number of threads over the years that discuss the opengl
init in VTK... there is such a sea of posts I am not even going to bother
to fish out what may be the solution somewhere buried in the ether else I
have to get out my heavy duty digital backhoe and realy dig for it.  Sure
I'll find it in some blog post somewhere.

Any one at Kitware want to rethink the opengl design (Build and init
process)?

my superbuild of vtk defines:

        VTK_BUILD_DEFINITIONS
            -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=${INSTALL_PREFIX}
               -DINSTALL_PREFIX=${INSTALL_PREFIX}
#            -DModule_vtkRenderingVolumeOpenGL=ON
#            -DModule_vtkRenderingVolumeOpenGLNew=ON
            -DModule_vtkTestingCore:BOOL=ON
            -DModule_vtkTestingRendering=ON
            -DModule_vtkRenderingVolumeOpenGL2=ON

            -DVTK_RENDERING_BACKEND=OpenGL2