[vtkusers] Finding world coordinates of an actor

elainejiang8 elainejiang8 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 23:00:21 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I'm integrating VTK with VR software, and I am trying to use vtkPropPicker
to select actors in my scene. Since I cannot use
vtkRenderWindowInteractor::GetEventPosition() to retrieve the current
position of my wand (VR equivalent of a mouse) because I am using an
external render loop, I am not too sure how to go about getting the current
position of my wand. When I print out the wand's position (I have an actor
following the wand, acting as a laser), the position is always (0,0,0). I
guess my specific question is: How can I retrieve the 3D world coordinates
of an actor?

Thanks,
Elaine