[vtkusers] Align 2D slices from vtkImageReslice and vtkCutter

fromseattle fromseattle at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 16:03:57 EDT 2017

Hi,

I have a volume (vtkImageData) and surface (polydata) that's extracted from
the volume, so they are the same size and position in 3D space. I need to
cut the volume and the surface in oblique slice and display the 2D image and
contours on the same 2D view.

To cut the volume, I use vtkImageReslice and call the setResliceAxis(),
providing a vtkMatrix4x4 to get the 2d image slice. To cut the surface, I
use vtkCutter and call the setCutFunction(), providing a vtkPlane.

The problem I have is that the 2d image can be rotated in plane, but the 2d
contours from vtkCutter can not handle in plane rotation, since vtkPlane
only needs a normal and a point.

What is the best to produce the 2d image slice and 2d contours and display
them aligned in the same 2d view?