[vtkusers] Combination of HighlightSelection example and ExtractVisibleCells

vincentrivola vincentrivola at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 14 06:01:24 EDT 2017

Hello,

I did work on something similar few month ago.

The only way I found to make it work was to combine a vtkHarwareSelector
with vtkExtractSelection.
The problem is that the result depends on the resolution of your screen and
the resolution (density of triangles) of the surface you  work on. If the
surface is descretized finer than your screen resolution the selector does
not work properly.

At least that was the behavior I got at that time. But I'm still interested
in the topic and if there is a better way to do this I would love to know
it.