[vtkusers] Insert a target point on a volumetric mesh

Siming Bayer siming.bayer at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 16:58:47 EDT 2017

Dear all,

I have two volumetric meshes, one is before the deformation via finite element analysis and one is after. And I used PolyData2ImageStencil to convert both meshes to binary images.

And now, I am interested in the displacement of some certain points/nodes/targets. Can I calculate the displacement field based on those 2 meshes (before and after deformation) directly via VTK and transform the result into a image volume?

Another possibility it to some how „mark“ those certain points/nodes/targets (e.g. via index node on the .vtk file). The question is how can I find the image coordinate of a node on a image, which is generated based on the mesh?

best,
Siming