[vtkusers] Performance comparison between VTk7.0.0 and VTK8.0.1

Marcelo Duarte Trevisani marceloduartetrevisani at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 01:34:35 EDT 2017

Hello folks,

I was doing a performance comparison between the VTK 7.0.0 with OpenGL1 and
SMP as sequential against VTK 8.0.1 with VTKm, OpenGL2 and SMP with OpenMP
but I saw no difference of the rendering process at all. I think it's a bit
strange, I read some articles in Kitware about the vantages to use VTKm and
OpenGL2 but in my simple test there is no difference. Does anyone know what
it's happening? Or Do I need to activate or do something different ?

Attached on this e-mail is the code which I used.

In terms of performance what are the vantages in VTK 8.0.1 when compared to
VTK 7.0.0?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

--
Marcelo Duarte Trevisani

"Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill