[vtkusers] Shadow support on volume rendering

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Mon Nov 27 18:18:26 EST 2017

Finally had a second to look into it.

There seem to be issues with short word type (and likely endian) in
the ospray volume renderer interface. Converting the array to float
results in a close match between ospray and gl volume rendered data.

Sorry for the hassle and delay Ian.

I'll file a bug report and we'll try and get it addressed.

Attached find a sample rendered with lighting and shadows enabled.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
Principal Engineer
21 Corporate Drive