[vtkusers] VTK Anisotropic Texture Filtering / MipMaps / reducing texture aliasing

Berti Krüger berti_krueger at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 25 02:08:36 EST 2017

Hello Everyone!

I'm currently making a visualization program where I've got a
groundplane with a fine detailed checkerboard-like texture on it. The
whole scene can be zoomed in and out. Since the resolution of the
VTK-render window and the texture differ quite a bit, i get a lot of
aliasing.

In plain opengl i would use mipmaps and/or anisotropic filtering to get
rid of it but unfortunately i haven't found anything in the vtk-texture
class to archive this.

For whole screen antialiasing i am already using the fxaa
filter which works really nice and helps also a little bit with
texture-aliasing but is of course not a replacement for
resolution dependend texture-filtering.

So my question is, how to reduce aliasing in VTK with fine-detailed
textures?

Thank you very much in advance,

Berti