[vtkusers] Issues with coordinate conversion, possible VTK bugs?

Andras Lasso lasso at queensu.ca
Wed May 24 12:17:49 EDT 2017

There are many free, open-source, VTK-based medical image computing software applications that do exactly these and much more (3D Slicer, ITK-Snap, MITK, etc). Just have a look at their source code and copy-paste what you need (at least from 3D Slicer and MITK, as they have BSD-type license).

Or, even better, save yourself a couple of years of work and implement your application as custom plugins in one of these applications. The advantage of building on an existing application framework is that all the features that you don’t even know that your users will request, are already implemented, documented, and tested by thousands of users. It made sense 10-15 years ago to develop medical applications from scratch, but now that there are very good, established platforms, you should build on top of those.

Andras