[vtkusers] Best way to add a print in a distribution file ?

foufara foufara at yahoo.fr
Mon May 8 04:15:27 EDT 2017

Hi here is a quick question most of you can answer to.

I want to add some prints in the distribution files to check some variables.
I know I should use a debugger but I can't spend time learning how to use it
right now…

I tried adding prints like

  std::cout << "A print" << std::end;

in files and then calling make (my distribution is already built) to build
the files I modified.

But then when I run an example calling the modified functions, the print do
not appear on my console (linux).

What is wrong ?Do I have to compile the whole distribution each time (way
too long)

What is the right way to add these prints ?

Thank you !