[vtkusers] Issue list

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Tue Mar 21 10:03:48 EDT 2017

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 09:22:53 +0000, Kevin Dixon wrote:
> I've had no replies on this issue, so I'm assuming there is no way of
> extract a list of known issue by VTK version.
> The alternative for me is to export the issue list and go through issue by
> issue (or commit by commit) to understand if a particular issue is relevant
> to a version and my use of VTK. However, the gitlab issue list has no
> apparent way of exporting issues at all (e.g. to XML or CSV).
> Can anyone help with exporting a list of known issues - either all issue,
> or only those relevant to a particular version of VTK?

You can use the Gitlab API to extract issue information in JSON format:

    https://gitlab.kitware.com/help/api/issues.md

There are multiple Gitlab API libraries out there, but this is the one
we've used the most:

    https://gitlab.kitware.com/utils/mantis-to-gitlab/blob/master/gitlab.py

As for the information you're looking for, we haven't been the best
about tagging issues and merge requests with milestones which they apply
to. There is a task to get the Kitware Robot (@kwrobot) to put
milestones on merged MRs and the issues they close, but I haven't gotten
there yet. That issue is here:

    https://gitlab.kitware.com/utils/rust-ghostflow/issues/20

--Ben