[vtkusers] vtkVolumeTextureMapper3D in VTK 7.1?

Shark m.nunes at fratoria.com
Tue Mar 7 03:50:03 EST 2017

Dear Sankhesh and Alvaro,
Thank you for your replies.

Regarding my GPU, I have on my local machine a very powerful NVIDIA. That is
not a problem. The issue lies on that other machines have no GPU at all. The
3D rendering of polydata and CT scans will have to be done in cheap
computers. Not sure if these machines have Intel CPUs.... So I have to
assume low-medium hardware will be used to render the scenes.

I have now turned openGL 1.1 and using some legacy code.

I have looked around the VTK blog and kitware but I couldn't find any
detailed description and tests regarding the new rendering and respective
optimizations. Any chance you have that documented somewhere? That would
certainly help me make a decision between using VTK7.1 or 6.2.

Best regards,
Shark