[vtkusers] vtkImageData Modified: Just update a small area of the data?

Sankhesh Jhaveri sankhesh.jhaveri at kitware.com
Mon Mar 6 09:57:57 EST 2017

Hi Willy,

1. Yes, anyone can push code to VTK. Please follow the instructions here:
https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/blob/master/Documentation/dev/git/develop.md
In short, all you need to do is create an account on
https://gitlab.kitware.com/, fork VTK and create a merge request.

2.  Have you looked at the streaming support within the
vtkOpenGLGPUVolumeRayCastMapper. You can force by-block rendering by using
SetPartitions(). Internally, it uses glTexSubImage3D as well.

Hope that helps,
Sankhesh

​

On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 2:55 AM Willy <Wiggerl at linhuber.info> wrote:

> Yes i modified the source code and of course i could contribute the
> changes,
> but there are a few problems:
>
> 1. i don't know how exactly i can do that. Can everybody who likes make
> whatever push requests to the vtk repository (i don't think so)??

> 2. i think that my changes are more like a "hack". i could imagine that the
> correct way would be to use the pipeline to update a part of the data
> (maybe
> with updateExtent of something like that). i just added the following
> method
> to vtkOpenGLGPUVolumeRayCastMapper
>
>  void UpdateData(int xoffset, int yoffset, int zoffset, unsigned int width,
> unsigned int height, unsigned int depth, void *data);
>
> I don't think thats a good way do do it.
>

> --

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Sankhesh Jhaveri *Sr. Research & Development Engineer* | Kitware
<http://www.kitware.com/> | (518) 881-4417
​