[vtkusers] vtkImageData Modified: Just update a small area of the data?

Willy Wiggerl at Linhuber.info
Mon Mar 6 02:55:28 EST 2017

Yes i modified the source code and of course i could contribute the changes,
but there are a few problems:

1. i don't know how exactly i can do that. Can everybody who likes make
whatever push requests to the vtk repository (i don't think so)??

2. i think that my changes are more like a "hack". i could imagine that the
correct way would be to use the pipeline to update a part of the data (maybe
with updateExtent of something like that). i just added the following method
to vtkOpenGLGPUVolumeRayCastMapper

 void UpdateData(int xoffset, int yoffset, int zoffset, unsigned int width,
unsigned int height, unsigned int depth, void *data);

I don't think thats a good way do do it.