[vtkusers] Error While Building VTK 8 with Oculus SDK

Rishabh Mittar f2014141 at pilani.bits-pilani.ac.in
Fri Jun 30 14:14:41 EDT 2017

Hello vtkusers,

I am trying to build VTK 8.0 with Oculus SDK on Windows.

While building the Solution file on Visual Studio, I am getting the
following errors:

error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0'
doesn't match value '2' in vtkOculusCamera.obj
C:\VTK_OCULUS\bin\Rendering\Oculus\LibOVR.lib(OVR_CAPI_Util.obj)

Error 3 error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value
'MT_StaticRelease' doesn't match value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' in
vtkOculusCamera.obj
C:\VTK_OCULUS\bin\Rendering\Oculus\LibOVR.lib(OVR_CAPI_Util.obj)

I researched a bit and found out that the problem is due to the Oculus SDK
having a 'release' build and VTK requires a 'debug' version.
However I am unable to figure out a solution to the problem.
I am using VTK 8.0.0 and Oculus windows release 1.15.0 from

https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/native-windows/

  I am using Visual Studio 2013 to build the solution file.
Can anyone suggest a way out?

--
Rishabh Mittar