[vtkusers] Storing Metadata with VTK objects

Donny Zimmerman zmanvortex at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 15:56:39 EDT 2017

I have tried asking this question before without response so i am going to
try to explain one of my use cases in hopes of clarifying the question.

I have vtkactors that are polyline and/or polygon objects that I am
rendering. These polyline/polygons represent National Weather Service watch
and warning areas. I would like to allow the user to pick a polygon and I
will pop up a window with the watch/warning information text. I need a way
to store some kind of ID with the actor so that when it is picked I am able
to look up the correct informative text from my database. I am struggling
with finding a way to store some kind of metadata with the vtkactor that
can be referenced when picked. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.