[vtkusers] slicing artifact when rendering semi-transparent mesh

leonid leonid.gluhovsky at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 06:22:27 EDT 2017

My mesh is produced by vtkMarchingCubes, and I can see that its nodes line up
in neat lines (I'm attaching the image "original-edges.png" to illustrate
it).

I ran 200 iterations of vtkSmoothPolyData filter, and I can see much less
regularity in mesh nodes (see the attachment "smoothed200-edges.png")

The artifacts are now reduced, and they also became less regular, but they
are still too noticeable for my purposes.

The question still remains - why are there no artifacts in Paraview?

<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5743684/original-edges.png>

<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5743684/smoothed200-edges.png>

<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5743684/smoothed200-artifacts.png>