[vtkusers] Project voxel/pixel value onto surface mesh

Kurt Sansom kayarre at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 19:33:55 EDT 2017

Hi,
   I am trying to come up with an efficient way to project voxel values
from an image volume to a surface mesh.

Basically I have a triangle surface mesh with normal information, and I
want to create a new cell array that is the voxel intensity value closest
to the surface mesh in the normal direction.

I am thinking it's kind of like doing an iso-surface but I want image
intensities from the image volume based on the location of the surface mesh
and then I want to be able to view the image as projected on the surface
mesh.

Another way I was thinking of this is texturing the surface with the image
intensities based on the closest voxel/pixel to the surface.

Another way I thinking of doing it is using two image volumes vol_1 is the
image stack and vol_2 is a signed distance field where I want the pixel
intensity of vol_1 at the zero level set of vol_2.

Does anyone have an example or can think a good way to do this?

Regards,
 ~Kurt
--
Kurt Sansom