[vtkusers] Any experience with other libraries just for boolean operation?

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Fri Jul 28 10:42:02 EDT 2017

A different boolean operation method was recently merged into VTK
master. Please see
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkLoopBooleanPolyDataFilter.html

It would be great to get some feedback from you on whether this
version works better.

Thanks,
Cory

On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 7:31 AM, Majid Mohammad sadeghi via vtkusers
<vtkusers at vtk.org> wrote:
> Hi to all VTK users,
>
> As many of you might have faced the problems with
> vtkBooleanOperationPolyDataFilter, you know that there are many occasions
> that it really does not work and it is a pain in the neck.
>
> I have done some search and I know there are a couple of other libraries to
> use for this specific operation, like CGAL, LIBIGL, Cork, etc.
>
> Has anyone ever tried any of the libraries? Can you guide me on which one is
> smoother or easier to use based on your experience?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Majid Mohammad Sadeghi
> PhD Candidate
> Mechatronics Engineering Department