[vtkusers] Any experience with other libraries just for boolean operation?

Majid Mohammad sadeghi majid.msadeghi at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 28 07:31:19 EDT 2017

Hi to all VTK users,
As many of you might have faced the problems with vtkBooleanOperationPolyDataFilter, you know that there are many occasions that it really does not work and it is a pain in the neck.
I have done some search and I know there are a couple of other libraries to use for this specific operation, like CGAL, LIBIGL, Cork, etc.
Has anyone ever tried any of the libraries? Can you guide me on which one is smoother or easier to use based on your experience?
Thanks a lot.

Majid Mohammad Sadeghi
PhD Candidate
Mechatronics Engineering Department