[vtkusers] Error While Building VTK 8 with Oculus SDK

Rishabh Mittar f2014141 at pilani.bits-pilani.ac.in
Tue Jul 4 12:25:13 EDT 2017

Thanks David, that did the trick.

However,while I was testing with the TestDragon example, the example built
successfully and while running the exe I got the following errors on the
vtkOutput Window:

WARNING :In C:\VTK\src\IO\PLY\vtkPLYReader.cxx,line 126
vtkPLYReader(004F5C00): Could not open PLY file

ERROR:In C:\VTK\src\Common\ExecutionModel\vtkExecutive.cxx,line 784
vtkCompositeDataPipeline(00513938):Algorithm vtkPLYReader(004F5C00)
returned failure for request:vtkInformation(00531CA8)
Debug:Off
Modified Time:1033
Reference Count:1
Registered Events:(none)
Request:REQUEST_DATA
FORWARD_DIRECTION:0
FROM_OUTPUT_PORT:
ALGORITHM_AFTER_FORWARD:1

ERROR:In C:\VTK\src\Rendering\Oculus\vtkOculusRenderWindow.cxx,line 354
vtkOculusRenderWindow(004FF050):Failed to create LibOVR session

This is how my call to Open the file looks like:
const char* fileName =
    vtkTestUtilities::ExpandDataFileName(
      argc, argv, "C:/Users/User/Desktop/TestDragon/src/dragon.ply");

Have also tried:
const char* fileName =
    vtkTestUtilities::ExpandDataFileName(
      argc, argv, "dragon.ply");

But I still get the same result.
I am using the file dragon.ply file from
https://midas3.kitware.com/midas/download/?items=318673,1

Any ideas on how what is the issue?

--
Rishabh Mittar