[vtkusers] Improving visualization of geometric shapes

mozendi mozendi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 02:32:06 EST 2017

Dear VTK Users,

I have been using VTK for a montly and I noticed that it is the best
visualization tool. For my PhD, I am trying to visualize hundreds of
ellipsoids and some point clouds using VTK. So far, I visualized ellipsoids
and point clouds successfully as shown in the attached figure. However, it
has to be developed. Without some shading and lighting effects it is
impossible to distinguish individual ellipsoids (shown by green). For
example, there are a few ellipsoids at upper left but they cannot be
distinguished. Could you please help me about this problem? How can I make
them distinguishable?

<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5741921/elipsoid_cloud.png>