[vtkusers] Get pointer coordinates in vtkChart axes

BBerco bebe0705 at colorado.edu
Mon Jan 23 14:55:31 EST 2017

Dear all,
I am trying to access the coordinate of the mouse pointer when clicking on a
vtkChartXY, expressed in the chart coordinates. Only one data series is
plotted so there is only one Y axis to worry about.

I am subclassing vtkInteractorStyleTrackballCamera and displaying the
coordinates of the mouse click expressed in the window frame. That is, for a
vktChartXY displayed in a 400 x 400 render window, clicking at the very
center of the chart would return (200,200).

The vtk class vtkCoordinate seems to be capable of coordinates transforms
between the raw figure coordinates and other frames of reference, but I have
yet to find a way to transform the pixel coordinates to the chart
coordinates.

Any advice?

Thanks!