[vtkusers] SetInputData and extents

Kit Chambers kit.chambers.kc at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 07:56:06 EST 2017

Hi All,

I have a custom datatype (myType) derived from vtkImageData and a custom filter derived from vtkImageAlgorithm. The filter takes input on two ports which are both myType objects with different sizes.

So in principle I should be able to set these inputs using either SetInputData() or SetInputConnection() right? However, when I run the filter  I get errors like:

ERROR: In …. /vtk/Common/ExecutionModel/vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline.cxx, line 857
vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline (0x7fc6fa444a00): The update extent specified in the information for output port 0 on algorithm vtkTrivialProducer(0x7fc6fa4444a0) is 0 31 0 0 0 0, which is outside the whole extent 0 5 0 0 0 0.

ERROR: In …. /vtk/src/vtk/Common/ExecutionModel/vtkTrivialProducer.cxx, line 264
vtkTrivialProducer (0x7fc6fa4444a0): This data object does not contain the requested extent.

Any suggestions? Is there something I am missing here?

Kit