[vtkusers] vtkLight inside an opaque polydata object

leonid leonid.gluhovsky at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 12:46:01 EST 2017

Hello,

I have a polydata object which is watertight, i.e. it fully encloses a 3D
region.  I make it opaque since I don't want its back wall to be seen on the
screen.

I would like to place a positional vtkLight inside the region enclosed by
the polydata, and control its direction and position programmatically to
highlight the region of interest for the user.  (The cone angle I have in
mind is about 5 degrees, and the shape of polydata is complicated - it's
definitely not convex).  It appears that since the polydata object is
opaque, this highlighting cannot be seen when viewing the polydata object
from outside.

How can I get the highlighted region to be visible when viewing from
outside?

Many thanks,

leonid