[vtkusers] vtkExtractSelectedPolyDataIds and inverse selection: bug?

BBerco bebe0705 at colorado.edu
Wed Feb 1 23:59:54 EST 2017

Dear all,
I am trying to obtain a selected subset A from a polydata C as well as the
unselected subset B (so that A U B = C) from a rubber band selection, in the
form of two polydatas.

If I'm able to obtain A using vtkExtractSelectedPolyDataIds, I am unable to
invert the selection to get B.
The attached self-sufficient code demonstrates the issue. Although I am
adding the property INVERSE = 1 to the selection node, the output of
vtkExtractSelectedPolyDataIds has a number of cells that remains unchanged.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Ben

CellPicking.cxx