[vtkusers] Cannot build vtk for python3 on Ubuntu 16.04

Charles Kind charles.kind at bristol.ac.uk
Wed Dec 27 06:56:48 EST 2017

Dear David,

Apologies for late reply, family engaged in stomach flu and xmas.

I have fixed the install by setting the PYTHONPATH.

The python2.7 issue, with it running vtk, was because the University
standard Ubuntu install includes VTK6 installed from standard repos (doh,
should have checked).

Thank you so much for your help in this issue, I am very happy to be running
the latest VTK, it is noticeably more memory efficient and faster than the
version 7 with Canopy I was using.

:)

Happy New Year!

Charlie