[vtkusers] Using vtkLineWidget2 with PyQt

Oliver Natt onatt at gmx.de
Fri Dec 15 06:02:12 EST 2017

Dear vtkusers,

for some reason, I cannot manage to get a vtkLineWidget2 working in one
of my PyQt-applications. Interestingly, the same code works well in a
regular vtk-window. Please find attaced two python scripts. The first
script "linewidget2_noQt.py" works exactly as expected: A yellow
cylinder and the line widget is rendered. I can also interact with the
widget by dragging the endpoints with the mouse. However, the same code
embedded into a Qt-Window (cf. linewidget2_qt.py) does not work: The
yellow cylinder is shown, but the line widget is missing.

Do you have any suggestions how to get the vtkLineWidget2 working in a
PyQt-application?

Best regards,
Oliver