[vtkusers] How to add a new point to existing(!) vtkPolydata. Cannot find an answer!

alican alican1812 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 7 15:23:35 EST 2017

I have looked into docs and examples, I have read a lot on this forum, there
are options to delete points or cells, to replace a point or a cell, but no
option to add. I know how to add point to a new polydata.
I figured out that I can add a point to a new polydata and then use
vtkAppendFilter.
But it seems too complicate for so simple a task.

So what should I do if I want to add a point or cell to existing polydata?
Isn't there a simpler way?

If it is a dumb question and I am missing something obvious, I am sorry.
AC