[vtkusers] vtkPolyDataWriter: comma decimal mark instead of dot decimal mark

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 11:03:54 EDT 2017

Hi Romain,

I suspect that VTK could be fixed if someone simply added a call to
"imbue(std::locale::classic())" to vtkDataWriter::OpenVTKFile(), e.g.:

    fptr = new std::ostringstream;
    fptr->imbue(std::locale::classic());

and

    fptr = new ofstream(this->FileName, ios::out);
    fptr->imbue(std::locale::classic());

If you have built VTK from source, you can try making the above change to
see if it fixes the issue (the vtkDataSetReader might also need to be
fixed, as well as many other IO classes).

 - David