[vtkusers] Streaming data using a background image

Neel Patel 0-0-0 siva.yedithi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 16:52:28 EDT 2017

Hi All,

    I'm currently streaming data and rendering it with VTK. I have 2
streams, one for the background image and one for the foreground. I get both
layers to render, but as show in the example
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Images/BackgroundImage, the render
window renders twice. Once before filling the window with the background
image (1), and once after the camera is set up (2). While streaming though,
the window rapidly switches between (1) and (2). Is there any way to set the
camera up to fill the window before rendering the window? I've attached some
pictures to illustrate the issue.

<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5744460/without_background_camera.png>
Before

<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5744460/flicker_background_camera.png>
After

As an aside, while streaming the foreground layer doesn't seem to refresh,
it accumulates so the data starts to overlap on top of each other.

Any help would be appreciated.

                    Regards,
                         Neel