[vtkusers] Pbs with Streamlines.

Guillen Antonio tonio.guillen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 14:15:06 EDT 2017

I try to build streamline using this code:

vtkPoints points = new vtkPoints();
      points.SetDataTypeToDouble();
      double sizeMaxField = aValue;

      vtkDoubleArray vector3DArray = new vtkDoubleArray();
      vector3DArray.SetNumberOfComponents(3);
      vector3DArray.SetName("Vector");

      for (int i = 0; i < grid.getCellNumber(); i++) {
        Vector3D fieldValue = (Vector3D) getValue(i);

          Point3D p = (Point3D) grid.getCellBarycenter(i);
          points.InsertNextPoint(p.x, p.y, p.z);
          vector3DArray.InsertNextTuple3(fieldValue.x, fieldValue.y,
fieldValue.z);
       }
      vtkPolyData polyData = new vtkPolyData();
      polyData.SetPoints(points);
      polyData.GetPointData().SetVectors(vector3DArray);

   // Create the source points for the streamlines
      vtkPointSource pointSource = new vtkPointSource();
      Point3D center = Point3D.barycenter(grid.getOrigin(),
grid.getExtremalPoint());
      pointSource.SetCenter(center.x, center.y, center.z);

pointSource.SetRadius(grid.getExtremalPoint().distance(grid.getOrigin())/2.);
      pointSource.SetDistributionToUniform();
      pointSource.SetNumberOfPoints(1500);
      pointSource.Update();

      tracer = new vtkStreamTracer();
      tracer.SetSourceData(polyData);
      tracer.SetSourceConnection(pointSource.GetOutputPort());
      tracer.SetMaximumPropagation(100);
      tracer.SetInitialIntegrationStep(1);
      tracer.SetIntegrationDirectionToForward();
      tracer.SetComputeVorticity(false);
      tracer.SetIntegrator(new vtkRungeKutta4());
      tracer.Update();
      streamTube = new vtkRibbonFilter();
      streamTube.SetInputConnection(tracer.GetOutputPort());
      streamTube.SetWidth(5);
      streamTube.SetWidthFactor(5);
      streamTube.Update();

        mapper = new vtkPolyDataMapper();
        mapper.SetInputConnection(streamTube.GetOutputPort());

I don't see nothing!!!! Some body can help me?