[vtkusers] Save as vtu

houssen houssen at ipgp.fr
Wed Apr 26 12:24:43 EDT 2017

In paraview, I open a xmf file, I would like to export it as vtu (to
read it later on with vtkUnstructuredGridReader): neither "save data"
nor "export scene" allows this (save data suggest the .vtm format but it
turns out that vtm can not be read later on by vtkUnstructuredGridReader
as vtu is expected - I guess ?). Same problem when opening a stl file in
paraview: can not export it as vtu.

How can I export a xmf/stl fle as vtu ? Do I need a (existing ?) plugin
? If yes, which one ? Is there a work around ? Or is this a dead end ?

Franck

PS: I have paraview-5.1.0, should I compile a newer version ?