[vtkusers] Custom Text Overlay Annotations on vtkResliceImageViewer

Dean Inglis inglis.dl at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 09:45:23 EDT 2017

Hi Randy,

I have had success with vtkCornerAnnotation in single view and multi-view
scenarios.
The pipeline you could use might be:
vtkImageData -> vtkImageMapToWindowLevelColors -> vtkCornerAnnotation

The output of the map to window level colors would also be input into a
vtkImageActor in a vtkRenderer.
You can use callbacks to transmit shared window level interaction and
values among multiple renderers.
 vtkImageViewer2 is an example of how to get this kind of interaction
working in a single view.

- Dean