[vtkusers] question about vtk 7.1.0

Eszter Fehér fehereszter at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 07:31:22 EDT 2016

Dear All,

I have written a code using the previous version of VTK (7.0.0). Since the
7.1.0 version is released, the documentations of the previous versions are
not available. It seems to me, that I had better update always to the
latest version. However some of the methods I use in my code are not
available in this latest version. Should I rewrite and redesign my code? Is
there any other option? I don't know what someone can do if this problem
occurs in a huge program with thousands of lines of code.

In detail, my problem is with the "New Data Array Layouts" announced on
their website. I was trying to find the method getValue for the
vtkFloatArray, but couldn't find. Is it worth to immerse myself in the new
documentation and adapt my code to these new Layouts?

Eszter