[vtkusers] vtkSmartPoint() changed? Current VTK-git won't build...

JIA Pei jp4work at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 07:00:02 EDT 2016

I have VTK successfully built now...
But, I really cannot remember what to enable, and what to disable ...

Well, now, I got as for "FreeType", the one came with system shouldn't be
enabled.

In addition, for another package ITK, I dare NOT to enable even one module.
I believe the users need your clear documentation, particularly for people
like me, who would always like to build everything from scratch.

Thank you

On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 11:31 AM, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'll take a look,
>

> On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 2:18 PM, Marcus D. Hanwell
> <marcus.hanwell at kitware.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 9:41 AM, Ben Boeckel <ben.boeckel at kitware.com>
> wrote:

> >> We support and test Python3 (3.3, 3.4, and 3.5). There is the
> >> VTK_PYTHON_VERSION variable which you can use to select which one to
> >> use.
> >>
> >> In any case, there is CPython code that 2to3 wouldn't have touched.
> >
> > I usually build with Python 3, and use system libraries including
> > FreeType. I just checked master, and I am able to compile with system
> > FreeType, Python 3 and the OpenGL 2 backend with no issues. This
> > sounds like something more specific to the remote examples module.
> > Powered by www.kitware.com
> >
> > Visit other Kitware open-source projects at http://www.kitware.com/
> opensource/opensource.html

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ